School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

The Influence Of Evil In Our Lives: Focus On The Asteroid Lucifer

Started by Rad, Feb 04, 2012, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Am slowly recovering but need a great deal of rest. I can browse a bit on the computer but typing is limited.

I'm also interested in this whole topic and want to get a better handle on Lucifer. For the full picture to the situation you explained above to Katherine, would you mind also describing how Lucifer would manifest in the polarity situation i.e. how would Lucifer (both as the Bearer of Light as well as Evil) generally manifest when it is conjunct the Moon, in Cancer, or in the 4th house (the self image).

thank you
Upasika

Rad

Hi Upasika,

Sorry, I must have missed your post. All that has pointed out is of course correct. In addition Lucifer in Cancer, the 4th House, or is in aspect to the Moon can correlate to evil's influence by creating a state of pathological jealousy, of never feeling safe, of trying to control all others in the Soul's immediate environment in order to feel 'safe', of issuing projected judgements aimed at creating guilt in others about their very nature, their essence, which of course reflects all kinds on internal emotional patterns linked with memories of their past that generates, by their very nature, an inner guilt that they refuse to actually deal with or acknowledge which then becomes the basis of what is projected upon others. This is a reflection of the natural Capricorn, 10th House, and Saturn polarity that is integrated through Cancer, the Moon, and the 4th House.

As a parent the influence of evil can cause such Souls to project all kinds imagined realities on their children that thus dictates their parental behavior. This can reflect that such a Soul chose to be born into and through one or both parents that did the same thing upon them. The displacement of the emotional reaction this creates this same dynamic towards their own children. Additionally, they can feel jealous or threatened by the amount of energy/ time/ commitment that children naturally need that then takes time AWAY FROM THEM by way of their adult partner or marriage mate. The emotional reactions to that partner are thus influenced by evil in such a way that such a partner feels they are walking on egg shells within the relationship because of never knowing what can trigger the insidiousness of this person.

The influence of evil causes such Souls to feel that they are victims 'of something', of 'anything', that masks their refusal to emotionally mature, to become adults. Thus, their emotional life, no matter the chronological age, is that of a child of around seven to eight years.

The influence of the 'bearer of Light' would, through the natural Capricorn polarity, would encourage the Soul to learn how to become responsible for it's own actions, it's own life, and to determine the 'why' within themselves that has lead and created the 'reality' of their lives. Once this occurs then the influence of evil will have been defeated.

God Bless, Rad

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Also thank you for your reply, most appreciated.

QuoteIn addition Lucifer in Cancer, the 4th House, or in aspect to the Moon  ... issuing projected judgements aimed at creating guilt in others about their very nature, their essence, which of course reflects all kinds of internal emotional patterns linked with memories of their past that generates, by their very nature, an inner guilt that they refuse to actually deal with or acknowledge which then becomes the basis of what is projected upon others.

And could that also work in reverse? ... that others could have "an inner guilt that they refuse to actually deal with or acknowledge" which then becomes the basis of what those others project upon the person who has Lucifer in Cancer, the 4th House, or in aspect to the Moon?

QuoteAdditionally, they can feel jealous or threatened by the amount of energy/ time/ commitment that children naturally need that then takes time AWAY FROM THEM by way of their adult partner or marriage mate.

Amazing - in the past I've had an opportunity to observe that exact situation!

QuoteThe influence of the 'bearer of Light' would, through the natural Capricorn polarity, would encourage the Soul to learn how to become responsible for it's own actions, it's own life, and to determine the 'why' within themselves that has lead and created the 'reality' of their lives. Once this occurs then the influence of evil will have been defeated.

Thank you for the explanation of how evil would be defeated in this context.

blessings Upasika

Rad

Hi Upasika,

"And could that also work in reverse? ... that others could have "an inner guilt that they refuse to actually deal with or acknowledge" which then becomes the basis of what those others project upon the person who has Lucifer in Cancer, the 4th House, or in aspect to the Moon?"

Yes, very much so.

Get strong and well again Upasika...........praying that this can be so.

God Bless, Rad

CindyRenee

It is very synchronistic that this thread had ended upon talking about Lucifer in Cancer/4th for my Lucifer is conjunct Saturn in the 4th house and in Cancer.

There is the duality in this reality as projected by god/dess,  replicated in the soul, and then duality in the symbol of Lucifer. I wish to understand better how these three work in conjunction.
Basically Lucifer reinforces the possibilities for separating desires, &/or thwarts the returning desires. It would seem Neptune/Pluto/Lucifer could be understood in this way - finding a thread, and the deeper evolutionary purpose of the soul. I would like in future to post some sample charts to see if I am understanding how Lucifer is working in tandem with Neptune placement and Pluto placement to thwart or reveal the inherent desire of the soul. Lucifer seems tricky - like looking at a 3d painting and at first it looks 'flat' until you look at it just right, then it's impossible not to see the 3d image! Or those drawings where there are hidden images, or the images can be seen another way to show another image - again, once you 'see' it, it's so obvious. Lucifer seems to work that way.

I have a few questions about the 2nd stage spiritual state & the influence of evil. Specifically, looking at Rajneesh.
He had to know he was inducing states of evil within others with his behaviors- you could say, then, that it was sadistic, even. To have that level of power of others and to willfully misuse it, especially in the name of "˜god' seems like a severe influence of evil at the very least.
(And is this part of the archetype in this phase - that the soul is very close to god, so the influence is ever more extreme?)
Could we say that evil works, generally speaking in that evolutionary state, to make the soul believe it "˜deserves' everything it wants no matter the cost to others because they are so "˜great' - ie, the identification with "˜god', they are "˜beyond the rules'?
In his chart Pluto is in the 2nd/Cancer - his core value, & his soul the ruler being the moon (ego) opposing it. Bolstering his ego(moon) with his soul (8th house, Pluto opposition) & conflating the two (instead of filling his soul's ego with god, he's using his soul as a conduit to siphon "˜god' into his ego). His deep inner guilt(conjunct Saturn/Capricorn,8th house) leading to a desire to "˜build up' his ego even more as a defense against the inner knowledge of his mistake: pointing to himself instead of god.
The moon is conjunct Saturn in Capricorn - the inner guilt he felt for not representing himself truthfully. Lucifer is conjunct Jupiter in the third of Leo - again showing the conflation of his sense of self/purpose being inflated with egotism. His words being frequently lies, a fork tongued devil and mixed messages. The sun in the 7th of Sag. Just backs up the propensity for appointing himself some enlightened god who speaks the "˜truth' and is beyond any punishment. The 7th shows the imbalance at core of his beliefs, even a celebration of extremes to disorient, though that can be very traumatizing for people.
I'm not intending on looking into his whole chart but, briefly it ties in with south node ruled by venus & in 4th, using others to bolster his inner delusions and fears, insecurities - his north node pointing to the need to atone for his guilt, but first by accepting it as his reality, to initiate a healing process.
His Uranus in the 11th - the deep inner fracturing between ego/soul & the soul's inherent identity/god - which goes right back to that mars. Also, Chiron, a deep inner wound with regard to the source itself - the deep wound being his core value of himself = god, but, clearly he's twisted that up with identifying himself as god itself versus living the knowledge that his root value is god. And that Neptune - the total pointing to himself (on an egoistic glorification level) as god! (Neptune in the fouth house) and in virgo & it's ruler you can see the need for some purification there, a mental sweeping of the house. Would you say his skipped step is in relation to not taking personal responsibility for his actions, words, desires and accepting his guilt & doing what's necessary to heal and atone? I didn't intend to ramble about his chart - but, I keep what I wrote in case I'm completely not understanding the archetypes in his chart and/or his evolutionary state. And to talk of the Lucifer in his chart - it's easy enough to see the evil influence but one can see as "˜bearer of light' it is what his purpose was originally - to speak the truth about god's love. Within himself he may have felt genuinely overwhelmed by ideas/possibilties and so much information, new ideas that he did not filter it properly but identified with it to the point of fracturing himself and crowning himself "˜god' (Jupiter/leo).
Aho Mitakuye Oyasin: two legged, four footed, winged, finned, insects, plants, standing ones and stone people. We are all related.

CindyRenee

Sorry for the second post, it occurred to me I could validate what had been posted about the 4th/Cancer archetype (since as I just posted my lucifer is conjunct saturn in 4th in Cancer). Yes, the emotions/emotional body is subject to all manner of intensity and distortions - and it is very difficult to know what one is feeling is 'real' or if it is 'you' yourself or something other. There is the choice to 'identify' or be able to know it's 'not you'. There is the ability, though, to thorougly empathize with people & situations to understand the actual reality of people this way.
Last summer I had an experience wherein I was emotionally distraught (real enough and real enough reasons) but my negative state was suddenly amplified quickly and out of all rational bounds. I knew it to be evil and managed to separate myself. i could feel very viscerally the presence of evil around me - and I was truly frightened. Synchronistically a window in my boat (I live on a boat) shattered randomly - just suddenly 'kaboom'!
And yes, my mother was/is an influence of evil upon me and herself is severly influenced by evil to the point of sadism. However, my father is an absolute blessing and wonderful person. So, I thought I'd share this personal experience of these archetypes to validate all that has been said.  :)
Aho Mitakuye Oyasin: two legged, four footed, winged, finned, insects, plants, standing ones and stone people. We are all related.

Rad

'And is this part of the archetype in this phase - that the soul is very close to god, so the influence is ever more extreme? Could we say that evil works, generally speaking in that evolutionary state, to make the soul believe it "˜deserves' everything it wants no matter the cost to others because they are so "˜great' - ie, the identification with "˜god', they are "˜beyond the rules'? "

Yes....

CindyRenee

Thank you for finding the question buried in all those words! And thank you for answering. I have been meaning to thank you for something you posted somewhere in another thread pointing out that people tend to always ask for help from god/dess without asking themselves how they can help god/dess. It has helped with any negative emotional states I experience - I simply ask myself if my emotional state helps or serves wakan tanka,it's usually pretty clear it doesn't and my emotional state transforms into it's opposite, very 'bearer of light' in it's effect! It's simple, easy to remember, helpful and it works. So, thanks again.

cat777

Hi Everyone,

I have a tendency to try not to focus on evil and ignore it if I can as I feel that doing so gives it power. I've also learned that I can't ignore it out of existence, at least not by myself anyway.

I recently did some work with Patricia Walsh. I ended up in a place that is really beyond description but while there I was reminded that evil has a purpose. Evil exists in order for us to have something to compare and contrast "good" with. I was reminded that we cannot appreciate "good" without an awareness of "evil." We cannot appreciate the light without experiencing the darkness.

I was trying to find some very specific information about Lucifer earlier. This thread is very long so I turned to Google. In addition to results from this thread, something interesting came up in the form of a quote from Yogananda (synchronicity/there are no accidents):

"The truth is that God is using evil, not to destroy us, but to make us disillusioned with His toys, with the playthings of this world, so that we might seek Him. This is why the Lord Himself permits injustices and evil. But I have said to Him, "˜Lord, You have never suffered. You have always been perfect. How do you know what suffering is? Yet You have put us through these tests; and You had no business doing it. We didn't ask to be born as mortals and to suffer.' (He doesn't mind that I argue with Him. He is very patient.) The Lord answers, "You don't have to go on suffering; I have given everyone the free will to choose good instead of evil, and thus come back to me." So evil is the test of God to see if we will choose Him or His gifts. He created us in His image and gave us the power to free ourselves. But we don't use that power." (from Why God Permits Evil and How to Rise Above It (How-to-Live Series, 2)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0876124619/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0876124619&linkCode=as2&tag=httpwwwastrok-20

This brings to mind Christ on the cross being tempted by Satan. It goes to show that anyone who incarnates on Earth will have to make this choice at some point. I think anyone who chooses the light must then  work to help others do the same. The motto seems to be:  "One Soul at a Time."  This is our dharma or reason for being here.

cat

CindyRenee

Thank you for sharing that Cat! And those quotes, are not surprising, synchronistic.

Last night I was contemplating how a masochistic could eventually over time morph and identify with it's opposite: a sadist (fun Friday night, huh?  ;)) I had been thinking that over time, lives, the masochistic is complicit in it's role and essentially can forget that it/the soul had/has a choice and begin to feel victimized and within that Lucifer could truly mess with the individual. The bottom line was that the main tool of evil was to create a feeling of powerlessness, victimization by way of fooling the soul into not believing or forgetting it has a choice. By trying to take away our knowledge of choice it also would take away our recognition of our status as 'co-creators'.

If one is feeling like one is imprisoned maybe it's 'cause one's self is acting like a prisoner. This process started with the gradual, total realization of my own complicit behavior with those inclined to sadism. I would allow whatever manner of projection/abuse, whatever & take it & not defend myself, totally aware it was nonsense & had nothing to do with me, let it happen and then inwardly be thinking "feel better now? Fine - now leave me the heck alone!" and I'd retreat within myself & within whatever meager prison-like physical reality I had. However, there was a trade off in that I was these types 'prisoners' but I allowed it because in return they took care of me, basically. This is shown in the intense, circular Taurus/Second house/Retro Venus in my chart. I'm editing this post to add that, I feel I should share personally where I'm coming up with this stuff. My own experience.

I was also thinking of these second stage spiritual types...certain types, like Rajneesh when compared with other types, & I frequently think of the life JWG shared that he had as a priest (when he was in that stage - I understand he's in the 3rd spiritual now) - and the fundamental difference - JWG was attempting to overcome, overpower, eradicate the influence of evil, whereas Rajneesh types seem fully seduced, and oddly, as though they were in the consensus - how many rolls royces does one man need?  ;)
It would seem perhaps one of the main lessons in the 2nd stage spiritual is to let go of the delusion of eradictaing evil, in a sense, to overcome the projections onto the relevance of evil. To accept that god/dess has a purpose for it, and that as evil as it may be, it is part of the god/dess plan that goes way beyond our conception. I could see how that would be very difficult that would be, a soul, especially with great insight or 'power' would want to eradicate & help as much as possible and it would be intensely frustrating and possibly disillusioning. Well, I hope I expressed that well! And, maybe I'm totally wrong....
Thanks again for sharing!  :)

cat777

Synchronicity - the first thing on my FB news feed today: Why It is Important to Understand Your Dark Side

QuoteTo Deepen Our Spirituality, We Must Pass Through the Shadow
Any spiritual work must entail exposure and understanding of our shadow. Solely focusing on finding our light keeps us away from places of shame, guilt, jealousy, greed, competition, lust and aggression. But it is these very emotions that must be worked through first before coming near our lighter sides.

Even certain spiritual practices like meditation can become difficult when we try to ignore our shadow self.  Its repression shows up when we shut our eyes, and we're left with only our thoughts.

As with all strong emotions, what we don't want to look at always keeps us contracted and in rejection. Deep down we know these qualities and feelings reside in us, and hiding them leads us to a life of inauthenticity and sometimes incomprehensible self-destructive behavior.

If our shadow is not acknowledged and embraced, the depth of our spiritual and personal growth is limited. Denying to look at the darkness is rejecting ourselves the need to be received in totality by others.

We start to overidentify with the side of ourself acquired through our own perception of reality.  This in turn shapes our personality, the superficial side of us, which the world meets.

Our roles and personality try their best to help us feel worthy and lovable. For some, it is by being intelligent, successful, and powerful while for others it is the opposite. In whichever way our personality tries to control life, it remains just another attempt to be loved for something we know we're not.

As long as this partial picture of ourselves is kept intact, we create separation. The message is "I don't want to look and feel certain parts inside me and I prefer to judge others for showing and living what I choose to reject", hence choosing separation, inside and out. It is a painful cage of continuous isolation.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/01/13/why-its-important-to-understand-your-dark-side/

Sunya

Hi Rad,

How can we now if someone has make a contract with evil? Where is the key to detect it?

We can see many individuate intentions...that with the purpose of breaking with the consensus religion they use satanic symbols like many rock bands or nietzche's antichrist for example.. Is this also a contract with evil?

Is there definitely No Way Out for anyone with this contract??? Zero options?   Never ever redemption for that soul? What can we say to this people?

For someone that have received the seed through sex... How can he/she clean it?

Peace and metta
Sunya

Rad

Hi Sunya,

"How can we now if someone has make a contract with evil? Where is the key to detect it?"

Your Soul, anyone's Soul, will inherently react to another Soul who has made the contract: an instinctual feeling of fear, of wanting to get away from such a Soul. If you  get really close to such a person, and are able to look into their eyes .. more than a glimpse .. you can see the pupil go vertical. But such Souls who have made the contract can go to great lengths to shield their eyes from being 'seen' in this way.

"We can see many individuate intentions...that with the purpose of breaking with the consensus religion they use satanic symbols like many rock bands or nietzche's antichrist for example.. Is this also a contract with evil?"

Of itself, no.

"Is there definitely No Way Out for anyone with this contract??? Zero options?   Never ever redemption for that soul? What can we say to this people?"

There is no way out. All of us are responsible for what we have created. And that is what to say if and when a Soul who has made such a contract ever asks about it.

"For someone that have received the seed through sex... How can he/she clean it?"

There is an old ritual that can be employed called the Agni ritual in which you close your eyes, visualize a fire in your 3rd eye, and whatever images come to you of that person you had sex with to project those images into the fire until there are no more images left to project. At the same time mentally affirm 'i forgive you' from the point of view of accepting the responsibility in your own actions: that fact you made a choice to be with such a person in the first place.

When there are no more images left to project the nature of the Agni ritual will have then removed, purified, the energy/ see you have taken in from that person.

God Bless, Rad