School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Transits

Started by Deva, Mar 07, 2011, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

Hi Deva,

Thanks for sharing this example chart.  I was able to understand your interpretation of all the natal/transiting aspects especially in relation to the balsamic Mars/Pluto phase.

Just one question:

Since the Mars/Pluto balsamic conjunction is very tight, is it actually possible to start a new evolutionary cycle in the current lifetime?  I see what you mean about evolution being very fast with this tight conjunction as Mars (conscious desire nature) and Pluto (the Soul) would be desiring to change very fast.  

I thought the aspect signifying a new evolutionary cycle would actually be a Mars/Pluto new phase conjunction?  Are you also attributing the new evolutionary cycle to transiting Mars through the 7th house (angle)?

So what about the remainder of her life having this balsamic conjunction between Mars/Pluto?  Do you think she could expect more personal transformations in the area of her relationships?  Do the "seeds of change" actually exist within this balsamic conjunction?  And how much change can she actually achieve?

I thought astrology was an exact science.  It seems desire, if it is strong enough, can transcend the natal chart?  

Interesting also that the chart is paradoxical.

Fascinating!

Deva

Hi Linda, thanks for asking this question. Pluto/Mars balsamic does correlate with the need to bring to closure, or culminate, and entire evolutionary cycle relative to how the desire nature was acted upon, or played out, prior to the life. The culmination of the old cycle does prepare the way for the new cycle to begin relative to the New Phase. In this example I was referring to the the transiting Mars trine her natal Uranus in the context of a new cycle starting, and wanting to connect this transit the meaning of Pluto/Mars balsamic in her natal chart. In other words, this was time of closure and completion of the old cycle, and putting a new cycle into motion simultaneously. The planetary ruler of the SN in Taurus is Venus in Virgo/12th house correlates with the culmination of prior relationships that have already been described.
  I would say that desire determines how (at what level) we express the symbols/archetypes within our natal chart. As JWG always taught "desire is the determinate of evolution." Would the group like another example of a Mars transit, or what it be best to move on to Venus transits?
Hope this helps.
Deva

Linda

Thank you Deva, that was very helpful.

Regarding your question:  Would the group like another example of a Mars transit, or would it be best to move on to Venus transits?

I'll wait to hear from other members.

Upasika

Hi Deva,

I enjoyed learning from that example. Unfortunately my time available now on the MB for a while anyway has become limited to a quick read every so often of a few threads I'm the most interested in (this being one). Despite that given Mars key role in the EA paradigm my feeling is another Mars example might be a good idea, also to help grasp the application of the principles as thoroughly as possible.

Deva

Thanks for the input! I have re-read my thread and decided it would be much better to develop it more thoroughly before moving on. Will post more soon.
God Bless
Deva

Deva

Hi group, wanted to add to this post and tried to post the chart (hopefully it works).
The natal position of Pluto and Mars in the birth chart will symbolize how the desires emanating from Pluto will be instinctually acted out, or acted upon, in order to put the current evolutionary intentions into motion. In order to fully understand a Mars transit we must first understand the natal Pluto/Mars signature. I felt it would be best to develop this first example in order to more clearly apply these EA principles 
      In this natal signature this women has Pluto in Leo in the 11th house forming a balsamic conjunction to Mars, Sun, and Uranus also in Leo/11th house. Pluto in the 11th house in Leo conjunct Mars in a balsamic phase correlates with the core evolutionary desires to creatively actualize (Leo) the special purpose, or destiny, for the life in a unique and individualistic context (11th house). The balsamic phase between Mars and Pluto reflects the desire to align with a spiritual, or higher, purpose, and merge with the Creator in such a way that her very life becomes anchored, or rooted, in service to the Creator. As mentioned before, by aligning her will with a higher will and purpose, and the current evolutionary intentions for the life, she will bring to completion, or resolution an entire evolutionary cycle in the context of how she has acted out desires of this nature relative to the dynamics that have previously been discussed.   
      Pluto and Mars in Leo/11th house  also reflects past trauma relative to expressing her unique identity that was experienced within a group context. Uranus is square the nodal axis which re-iterates this unresolved trauma, and that the resolution of this trauma is a core skipped step that must be recovered in this life in order for evolution to proceed. This unresolved trauma  has lead to a situation to a type of hiding within a social group (SN in Taurus in the 8th house, ruled by Venus in Virgo/12th house), and also prior situations of isolation from society and others in general. Evolution did not occur because of this dynamic, and is creating personal limitations, or points of stagnation and non-growth, in this life. In other words, her pre-existing orientation was towards a community dynamic, and also forming relationships with people who she felt were of like mind. The point within this is that her own self-creative actualization process was not fully developed because of past unresolved trauma , and her dependency upon a social group or community. ( Mars Pluto in Leo/11th house, Uranus square the nodal axis).
     Pluto's polarity point in the 5th house in Aquarius reflects the current evolutionary intentions to creatively actualize herself independent from any social group or community, and to embrace her innate and natural talents and capacities. She is a natural artist, psychologist, and healer that has innate wisdom of natural laws and principles that help others heal from similar wounds has she herself has carried over form other lifetimes (Saturn in sag in the 3rd house trine her Uranus in Leo/11th house making the aspects previously mentioned). Her wisdom is rooted in matriarchal times and has a profound depth. Pluto/Mars in Leo/11th house in a balsamic phase symbolizes the need to resolve the past experience of trauma relative to expressing her unique wisdom that reflected her alignment with natural laws, and to creatively actualize in a way that reflects her very deep capacity and natural talents.
At the time of the fire, the transiting Mars trine to her natal Uranus symbolized that the experience of trauma (Uranus) was being used to put these current evolutionary intentions into motion through creating a new inner/outer relationship pattern in general (transiting Mars in Aries/7th relative to the nodal axis of the SN in Taraus/8th house and NN in Scorpio/2nd house conjunct her moon. A true liberation process occurred at this time ( transiting Mars trine natal Uranus) She was transforming her self image and inner relationship with herself, and thus creating a new "inner home" (transiting Pluto conjunct NN in Scorpio conjunct the Moon). 
Hope this is clear! Any feedback and input is welcome.
God Bless
Deva

Elen

Hi Deva,

Hope you don't mind if I jump in.  I caught up with the thread a couple of days ago and am interested in participating as I'm able.

I need to reflect more on what you've written so that I can truly learn from it, but I did have 2 questions right off the bat...

1)  I wondered if you could explain more explicitly where the dependency comes from.  You wrote:

"The point within this is that her own self-creative actualization process was not fully developed because of past unresolved trauma , and her dependency upon a social group or community. ( Mars Pluto in Leo/11th house, Uranus square the nodal axis)."

I was thinking that dependency was a Libra phenomenon, so maybe it comes through the Venus rulership of the SN?  Or is dependency and 8th house phenomenon?

2) You wrote:

" Pluto's polarity point in the 5th house in Aquarius reflects the current evolutionary intentions to creatively actualize herself independent from any social group or community, and to embrace her innate and natural talents and capacities."

I have asked this question before but somehow feel unconfident about it.  From your quote above, it seems that the house comes first in one's interpretation.  So, for her, she is "to creatively actualize herself independent from any social group or community", rather than, say, learning to creatively actualize herself within community or to somehow bring her creative purpose to the group.  So, in other words, with regard to the PPP in this example, Aquarius becomes not about "the group", but about independence and individuality.  The 11th, however, is about the group.  (But not about independence and individuality? - say if the situation were reversed, ie, the PPP were in Leo in the 11th.  The 11th would be the group.  And Leo would be bringing her creative life purpose to the group?)

Hope my questions make sense.

Best wishes,
Ellen

Deva

Hi Ellen, thanks for asking these questions. Dependency is a Libra dynamic. Scorpio is correlates with fixated, or compulsive patterns of behavior that are linked with emotion security. This creates limitations and points of stagnation in terms of further evolution. The intention to confront and transmute those limitations is also reflected in the Scorpio archetype.  The 11th house symbolizes the need to liberate from anything that we have become overly attached to (severing of attachments), and to decondition from preexisting conditioning patterns. The Mars/Pluto in Leo/11th house balsamic phase in the context of the South Node in Taurus in the 8th house reflects the need to liberate (11th house) from the past pattern of being dependent upon a social group (11th house) in the context of creative self-actualization (Leo)The ruler of the SN in Taurus is Venus in Virgo/12th. This correlates the need for this transformation to occur relative to her inner relationship with herself (SN in Taurus), and that this inner transformation will reflect itself in how she operates within the group, or society, and of course her intimate or close relationships. Venus in the 12th house reflects that prior relationship patterns that have already been described will be brought to culmination through a personal liberation process ( Pluto/Mars Leo/11th house) of this nature.
Yes, always start by using the house first, then the sign of any planet. If the natal Pluto were in the 5th house, the person would have evolutionary intentions of the 11th house (liberation from an overly subjective focus in life, and the need to link the special purpose or destiny in life to a socially relevant need).       
Let me know if this is clear.
Deva

serban_p

Hi Ellen,

I just wanted to add one thought with respect to your question.

Quote from: Ellen on Mar 30, 2011, 04:16 PM
Aquarius becomes not about "the group", but about independence and individuality.  The 11th, however, is about the group. 

I hope I'm not mistaking (and Deva, please correct me if I'm wrong), but the group Aquarius correlates to may sometimes mean what has been called a group of one. Personally, I have found this correlation very helpful when looking at Uranus/11th house issues.

Furthermore, if your reaction to the idea of "a group of one" is a feeling that something is wrong with this picture, it might be useful to consider the fact that Uranus also directly correlates to paradoxes.

All the best,

Serban

Elen

Thank you, Deva and Serban.  I will reflect on your responses and ask follow up questions if I need to after my move is complete....

Best wishes,
Ellen

Deva

Hi group, I am wondering if you feel another example of a Mars transit would be helpful, or if you have questions about these posts so far. I do want to provide another example of A Mars return before moving on to Venus.
Let me know.
God Bless
Deva

Elen

Hi Deva,

I can't follow as closely for the time being but I'd be interested in looking at another example of a Mars transit before moving on.

Ellen

Elen

Quote from: Deva on Mar 31, 2011, 09:45 AM
Hi Ellen, thanks for asking these questions. Dependency is a Libra dynamic. Scorpio is correlates with fixated, or compulsive patterns of behavior that are linked with emotion security. This creates limitations and points of stagnation in terms of further evolution. The intention to confront and transmute those limitations is also reflected in the Scorpio archetype.  The 11th house symbolizes the need to liberate from anything that we have become overly attached to (severing of attachments), and to decondition from preexisting conditioning patterns. The Mars/Pluto in Leo/11th house balsamic phase in the context of the South Node in Taurus in the 8th house reflects the need to liberate (11th house) from the past pattern of being dependent upon a social group (11th house) in the context of creative self-actualization (Leo)The ruler of the SN in Taurus is Venus in Virgo/12th. This correlates the need for this transformation to occur relative to her inner relationship with herself (SN in Taurus), and that this inner transformation will reflect itself in how she operates within the group, or society, and of course her intimate or close relationships. Venus in the 12th house reflects that prior relationship patterns that have already been described will be brought to culmination through a personal liberation process ( Pluto/Mars Leo/11th house) of this nature.
Yes, always start by using the house first, then the sign of any planet. If the natal Pluto were in the 5th house, the person would have evolutionary intentions of the 11th house (liberation from an overly subjective focus in life, and the need to link the special purpose or destiny in life to a socially relevant need).       
Let me know if this is clear.
Deva

Hi Deva,

I finally had a chance to reread this and take it in and, yes, it is quite clear.  Thank you!

Ellen

Linda

Hi Deva,

I really appreciated your step-by-step analysis of this chart.  

Your Quote:  The natal position of Pluto and Mars in the birth chart will symbolize how the desires emanating from Pluto will be instinctually acted out, or acted upon, in order to put the current evolutionary intentions into motion.

Does this mean that the desires emanating from the Soul will be instinctively acted out via all of these:  

Natal Mars by sign and house:  How and why Soul desires are acted upon in order to put the current evolutionary intentions into motion.

Natal Mars in phasal relationship to Pluto:  The evolutionary progression of the evolutionary intent.  

Aspects to Mars:  Mars issues involving other key areas of the psyche.

Transits to natal Mars:  Stimulation of the Mars desire nature and therefore the evolutionary intent.

Mars transits:  Direct triggers that put the evolutionary intentions into motion.

Mars in solar/lunar returns:  Evolving purpose and self-image in relation to the evolutionary intentions.

Progressed Mars:  The development of the desire nature as it relates to the evolutionary intention.

The point I'm trying to make is that any conscious Mars intention (acted out via the desire nature) is not a "one-time" thing - it is not just "fixed" at the time of birth - but in fact evolves as the individual evolves.  The natal Pluto evolutionary intention - as symbolized by the PPP - remains constant for the current lifetime.  Is this correct?

Thanks Deva for your wonderful expertise!  And I also very much appreciate you going a little slower for some of us.

mirta

Hi Deva,
Thanks for this thread. I wasn't able to attentively follow it before.
As always, the way you have to point out the EA principles is very important and helpful for me.
I am interested in grasping the relationship between the transits and the main karmic dynamic. I would like to have another  Mars example.
God Bless
Mirta