School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Phases & aspects [began as Sesquiquadrate 135 Degree]

Started by Dhyana, Nov 28, 2010, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Gonzalo

Quote... I will trust that you are not trying to "push my buttons", because that's what I perceive in the totality of your post.

in no way was i trying to push your buttons

QuoteI consciously decided to avoid my most common reaction, which is to withdraw. And you're right in that it was an act of courage. I think I will have to keep doing it this way, even though it is quite difficult for me doing so, and I just hope it will get swifter in some near future. Not sure if this will happen. ...  I hope at some point it will become more clear that I don't intend to offend anyone here. Thanks for your patience.

I don't see you have ever tried to offend anyone here.  That is not even in question.  What I am talking about are all too pretty much universal human traits.  We tend to dig in our heels at times past the point that is reasonable.  We tend towards projecting stuff onto others at times instead of accepting responsibility for what is actually our own stuff.

This is what I experienced going on here - we all have stuff.  Humans in general are in denial of stuff.  Here the "stuff" came out in a public forum.  Fortunately the members of this forum have a higher than usual capacity to deal with stuff and not just react to it or form judgments on others.  That is what I meant by living breathing EA.  We show up where we are at.  We think we are in a fine place.  Things happen, we go through a few changes, we learn something we didn't know before, and we see that where we were before was more limited than we had realized. After all, there is always more. 

I go through this same process here that anyone else does.  It takes courage to put one's honest feelings on a public board.  People can judge you, disagree with your conclusions, think you are an idiot.  We find what we wrote is not always as true as we thought it was while writing it.  Out of that process can come growth. 

I would never question your motives or intent.  They are clearly pure.  At the same time, we also all have places that operate at less than 100% total alignment with our purity of intent.  Those get revealed in circumstances like this.  When we own it, which you did, we grow.  I am not saying I have this all together and you didn't.  These words apply just as much to me as to you. Because my motives and intent are also pure, I get inner feedback from life when I get out of alignment.  The inner feedback is intended to help free up stuck places in me (if I choose to listen to it).  Sometimes that comes from external feedback, but sometimes external feedback is projection and has nothing to do with my actions. 

It takes learning discernment, and holding really deep personal honesty, to know what is valid and what is projection.  All one's tendencies towards self-doubt and feeling persecuted can be amplified with external feedback.  Its a great opportunity to deal with that and release a lot of it.  (That applies just as much to me as to you)
take care
Steve

Gonzalo

Steve

Quote"We think we are in a fine place.  Things happen, we go through a few changes, we learn something we didn't know before, and we see that where we were before was more limited than we had realized. After all, there is always more."

Good for you, Steve. This doesn't apply to me, though. Having the South Node, Mars/Mercury/Moon/Pluto, all in Virgo, you don't feel like that. Added that Virgo is intercepted and ruled by the Sun, which is opposed by Chiron, and ruled by Venus in Scorpio 4th House, opposed by Saturn, and conjunct Neptune (the North Node ruler), which squares the Nodal Axis. Added that Pluto aspects all the planets in my birthchart. You don't feel you are in a fine place at all. I haven't had such a feeling since near sixteen years, a feeling which lasted for some two years until my progressed Venus went retrograde and the Neptune/Uranus conjunction in Capricorn crossed my DC. Rather, I am constantly struggling to reach a better place, and may times I've struggled in the wrong direction! And of course I am quite aware that there is something more, thanks God! This is no complaint, but perhaps you would reassess what your opinion is about my motivations.

God Bless,

Gonzalo

Steve

Gonzalo

Quoteperhaps you would reassess what your opinion is about my motivations.

I have nothing but the highest opinion about your motivations.  I don't seem to be able to get that through to you. 

When you feel messed up for 16 years, THAT has become your reality.  My point is, for the sake of survival, we struggle to defend and protect our known reality, even when we feel it is messed up.  I say, past a point feeling less than can be just as much a spiritual impediment as feeling better than.

I am not judging you in any way at all. You appear to be insisting that I have negative or judgmental opinions about you that simply do not exist in me.  They are not coming from me. There's nothing further I can add to this.
Steve

ari moshe

Aw Stacie, thank you so much for communicating that to me, it means a lot for me to hear that from you.
Note all of that came out as Venus was transiting on my natal Pluto, which itself is in a tight gibbous sesquiquad to my nn!

I want to second what Stacie and Steve have said as far as appreciation and gratitude for you Gonzalo.

I dont know how apparent it is to those who aren't paying super close attention, I do have a karma of laziness. Ruler of nn, Mercury is crescent phase sextile to Pluto which is itself in the second house. And that Mercury is combust Neptune. So it's easy for me to only put in half the effort and not experience any particularly devastating catalysts that push me to try harder. I am learning to cultivate a deeper integrity and maturity in the effort I put forth. This is something you, as well as a few others in this community continually inspire in me.

That being said, time to stop prancing around (nodal sesquiquadrate to Pluto involving the gemini/sag archetypes) and complete that planetary nodes practice!

With Love,
Ari Moshe

Gonzalo

Hi Steve

OK, I am about to finally get your point! In spite that there is something misterious that perhaps will still evade me. I am done with this "topic" too, and feeling quite good because I did say what I was feeling, without creating any massive destruction for any other or for myself. I truly appreciate that you have followed/leaded me through this discussion, despite your desire not to trigger anything at all. I really like being "wrong", when being wrong creates something like this. I am truly thankful.

Hi Ari

That's truly wonderful to hear. You wouldn't believe how lazy I feel I am! Curiously, I feel something similar about you, and your seriousness in your EA work, in meditation, and your persistence and your progress, inspires me much respect for you, and further desires for being more consistent. Thanks a lot for sharing what you shared.

Thanks again to all who shared their views in this thread

God Bless you,

Gonzalo

Wendy

Hi Dhyana,

I too am still learning how to integrate the "uncommon" aspects into interpreting a chart.  They do however show up on the Astro.com charts, its just a matter of identifying them and then applying the math to figure out the phasal relationships.  I find it overwhelming though, so many pieces to consider.  With that in mind, I decided I needed a checklist when interpreting a chart.  It's no wonder why astrologers charge so much for a reading, so much goes into truly understanding all the dynamics in the chart.

I didn't complete it though as I don't fully understand how Numbers works and can't seem to get the table to come out right.  I originally hoped to get input from others on the board before finishing it (or have someone else do it since my learning curve with Numbers is apparent).  Your question provides the perfect environment for this now.  

How do I upload a PDF document on the board?  I tried to upload it to Photobucket but it didn't work, I guess because its not a photo.

Thanks,
Wendy

Wendy

Quote from: ari moshe on Dec 02, 2010, 08:20 PM
I dont know how apparent it is to those who aren't paying super close attention, I do have a karma of laziness. Ruler of nn, Mercury is crescent phase sextile to Pluto which is itself in the second house. And that Mercury is combust Neptune. So it's easy for me to only put in half the effort and not experience any particularly devastating catalysts that push me to try harder. I am learning to cultivate a deeper integrity and maturity in the effort I put forth. This is something you, as well as a few others in this community continually inspire in me.

That being said, time to stop prancing around (nodal sesquiquadrate to Pluto involving the gemini/sag archetypes) and complete that planetary nodes practice!

With Love,
Ari Moshe

Sooner or later, Dhyana, I'll be able to communicate phasal relationships like second nature, similar to how Ari Moshe just did ;D.

Wendy 

Wendy

Wow, I just listed all the planets of my chart and figured out the phases! after reading in Pluto II book about the different phases.  

Dhyana I used the chart Steve posted a ways back to correlate the degrees to the phases.  What I discovered while doing this is it may be easier to have the chart data listed in addition to seeing it on the wheel in terms of memorizing.

New Phase 0-45 degrees:  conjunction, semi-sextile 30, novile 40, semi-square 45

Crescent 45-90 degrees: semi-square 45, septile 51-25', sextile 60, quintile 72, square 90

1st Quarter 90-135 degrees:  square 90, 102-50' biseptile, trine 120, sesquiquadrate 135

Gibbous 135-180 degrees
:  sesquiquadrate 135, biquintile 144, inconjunct, 150, triseptile 154-15', opposition 180

Full 180-225 degrees
:  opposition 180, triseptile 205-45', inconjunct, 210, biquintile 216, sesquiquadrate 225

Disseminating 225-270 degrees:  sesquiquadrate 225, trine 240, biseptile 257-10', square 270

Last Quarter 270-315 degrees:  square 270, quintile 288, sextile 300, septile 308-35', semisquare 315

Balsamic 315-360 degrees
:  semisquare 315, novile 320, semisextile 330, conjunction 360

When I went through to determine the phases and numbers began resonating in my head, i.e., 177 is disseminating, 210 is full, 313 last quarter, etc.

Hope this helps.

Peace,
Wendy

Dhyana

Hey Wendy!!!

Thanks for sharing with me over the last few posts!

So, can you give me one specific example of one of your planets to the other, and describe exactly how you figured out the phase?

(I had something else written here, but I just changed it bc I am going to try it first before I ask the question I had here. )

I am gonna work with this on paper, like you did Wendy, b4 I ask anymore questions... you know why?  
bc I just realized that i was doing a virgo thing -- getting all overwhelmed, feeling i cant do it yet--im not ready, (and then a pluto in the 7th thing) asking others with out first attempting it myself.
lol

I will be back with what I came up with and see if it is correct.

Be back soon with some phases...

D

Dhyana

Dhyana

Dear WEndy,

I rewrote this post. Not sure if you had already read the first one I wrote--

so I am posting the new version here, in case you didnt go back and see I modified it?

Quote from: Dhyana on Dec 03, 2010, 02:07 AM
Hey Wendy!!!

Thanks for sharing with me over the last few posts!

So, can you give me one specific example of one of your planets to the other, and describe exactly how you figured out the phase?

(I had something else written here, but I just changed it bc I am going to try it first before I ask the question I had here. )

I am gonna work with this on paper, like you did Wendy, b4 I ask anymore questions... you know why?  
bc I just realized that i was doing a virgo thing -- getting all overwhelmed, feeling i cant do it yet--im not ready, (and then a pluto in the 7th thing) asking others with out first attempting it myself.
lol

I will be back with what I came up with and see if it is correct.

Be back soon with some phases...

D

Dhyana

Ok, I did this so far --Jupiter Rx is at 4 16 , and Moon is at 6 58  in Leo HOuse 6

So what I did was I subtracted  4.16 from 360 (because JupiterRx is the slower moving planet) and I got 355.84 degree.  or do I subtract the 6.58?

That one was easy though. Because either way this is a Balsamic Conjunction just by looking at it, but I really wanted to see if I was supposed subtract that way????

I will try a harder one next.

Dhyana

Now I am trying to find the phase between the Jupiter Rx at 4 16 in Leo H6, in relationship to Saturn 22 57 in Pisces in H1.

This is what I am doing please correct me if I am wrong-- I am starting with JUpiter and going anticlockwise like Ari said.

WHat I did is look at my wheel from astro.com, then I started with the line that ends at the 6th and 5th house, just to find a place to start bc I dont know how to start with 4 16 and count by tens... so i started at the line I saw that divides the houses and I started counting with the tic lines in tens --I counted 10,20,30 40,50 ...110,120.
---then I stopped right at the line between the 2nd and 1st house --Saturn 22 57 was just a few degrees from there.

So, now I don't know if I add 4.16 + 22.57 +120 to get the degree?
or
do I do this, 30 -22.57 = 7.43 (until i get to saturn)
SOOO -- I add 7.53+4.16+120= 131.59
If 131.59 is the correct calculation, then the phasal relationship between my JupiterRX and Saturn would be a first quarter trine or a first quarter sesquiquadrate?

Basically, I just realized that I dont even know if I can use my Saturn and Jupiter bc they are not ALREADY in any kind of relationship like the trine, square, etc etc --

does that matter?

does anyone know what I mean with that above question?
I hope this was written clear enough regarding what my process was?

Im-a-trying... ;D

Dhyana

Stacie

Hi Dhyana,

This is actually a new phase conjunction.  Jupiter is the slower moving planet and so this becomes the baseline.  Count the degrees counterclockwise from Jupiter to the moon...roughly 2 degrees..equalling new phase. 

Stacie

Dhyana

Ok, thanks Stacie!!!!! This is exactly why I am posting this as I do it bc I have no idea what I am really doing --lol

just trying...

Somehow it's not clicking in my brain yet

But I am hopeful it will! Keep giving me feedback.

By any chance, do you know which I was supposed to subtract fro 360?  --the 6  58, or the 4  16  ?? 

I thought I'm supposed to start with 360?

This is why I am posting my process here-- so I can get feedback and corrections.

Thanks again for the speedy response Stacie!  :D