Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

PPP and the Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation

• 5 Replies
PPP and the Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation
« on: Nov 23, 2021, 05:03 PM »
Bendiciones a todos! Hola amigos! Ojalá, se encuentra bien! Hello Everyone!!

My question is about the Pluto Polarity Point (PPP), when employing the Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation (PMCI) as described by JWG, and its relation to the phasal relationship to other planets or astrological points.
When employing the PMCI, I always list the aspects in relation to said planets, et al. When I do this for the PPP, I tend to treat the PPP with the same weight that I use for Pluto. Meaning that Pluto is the slowest moving planet, except for the Sun (even though it really isn't), yet it is my understanding in EA that the Sun is the base, so we hold everything subject to the Sun. Therefore, if I am understanding correctly, then, the PPP would use the same rule. Is that correct?
For instance, if Pluto is 13 Virgo, 10th house, then PPP would be 13 Pisces 4th house. And if in said chart Saturn is 22 Pisces, Saturn would be new phase to the PPP. Right?

And if PPP (13 Pisces, 4th house) and is square the NN (13 Gemini, 7th house), then we'd call that a 3rd Quarter phase square (270 degrees of separation), to NN. Right?

With the unresolved node for PPP being the SN (13 Sagg, 1st house). Right?

Therefore we would say, that Pluto (13 Virgo, 10th) is square nodes, with unresolved node the NN (13 Gem, 7th) and PPP (13 Pisces, 4th) unresolved node SN (13 Sagg, 1st house). Right?

I tend to flush this all out in PMCI, and I just want to verify that i am employing properly the methodology taught by JWG.

Kind regard amigos(as).
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2021, 05:13 PM by Chocolate Astrologer »

Offline Rad

Re: PPP and the Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2021, 06:40 AM »
Hi Chocolate Astrologer,

Therefore, if I am understanding correctly, then, the PPP would use the same rule. Is that correct? For instance, if Pluto is 13 Virgo, 10th house, then PPP would be 13 Pisces 4th house. And if in said chart Saturn is 22 Pisces, Saturn would be new phase to the PPP. Right?

Yes

And if PPP (13 Pisces, 4th house) and is square the NN (13 Gemini, 7th house), then we'd call that a 3rd Quarter phase square (270 degrees of separation), to NN. Right? With the unresolved node for PPP being the SN (13 Sagg, 1st house). Right? Therefore we would say, that Pluto (13 Virgo, 10th) is square nodes, with unresolved node the NN (13 Gem, 7th) and PPP (13 Pisces, 4th) unresolved node SN (13 Sagg, 1st house). Right? Therefore we would say, that Pluto (13 Virgo, 10th) is square nodes, with unresolved node the NN (13 Gem, 7th) and PPP (13 Pisces, 4th) unresolved node SN (13 Sagg, 1st house). Right?

No because as JWG taught when the Lunar Nodes are involved we need to remember/ understand their mean motion is retrograde. Thus, relative to the PPP, the N.Node is in first quarter square, and the S.Node is in a last quarter square. And with the Nodes being square the PPP the Soul have been flip flopping back and forth relative to the PPP without either Node being fully actualized or integrated by the Soul. The resolution Node thus becomes the Node that last formed a conjunction with the PPP and that would then be the N.Node.

God Bless, Rad

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2021, 04:18 PM »
Hola Rad,
Yes, the last node to make the conjunction with Pluto is the resolution node. And yes, the nodes move in retrograde motion.
Therefore Pluto 13 Virgo 10th house last made a conjunction with NN 13 Gemini 7th house. They are in  first quarter phase square (90 degree). The NN is the last node to make the conjunction with Pluto, and therefore the resolution node for Pluto.  This is extremely clear to me.

However, which is the resolution node for the PPP? The last node to make the conjunction with the PPP?  What I don’t understand, if the PPP (which is 180 degrees away from Pluto) is 13 Pisces, 4th house, and the nodes moves in retrograde fashion, the NN (13 Gem, 7th house) is 270 degrees away from the PPP. Being that from NN to Pluto is 90 degrees, and Pluto to PPP is 180 degrees of separation then: 90+180=270 degrees around horoscope the NN has to travel to reach the PPP.

Furthermore, if Saturn (17 Pisces, 4th house, and therefore conjunct PPP) is opposite Pluto (13 Virgo 10th), then we can say that Saturn as well is square the nodes. However, the node that Saturn last made the conjunction with was the SN (13 Sagg, 1st house). Making the SN the resolution node for Saturn.
And if the PPP (13 Pisces, 4th house) and Saturn (17 Pisces, 4th house) are conjunct, and the resolution node for Saturn is SN, then how can the resolution node not be the same for PPP, as they are conjunct in 4th house; unless PPP holds to other rules different than that of Planets in relation to the nodes.
I appreciate your attention and time to clarity this question that I have been thinking about for numerous years.

🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Offline Rad

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2021, 04:21 AM »
Hi Chocolate Astrologer,

I got it wrong yesterday. Sorry for that. Relative to the PPP you are right: the S.Node is the resolution Node for the PPP just as it is for Saturn.

God Bless, Rad

« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2021, 09:23 AM »
Thanks Rad for the update, as I was in a serious stage of cognitive dissonance since yesterday.
I began to realize about the last 50 charts that I have read professionally that Pluto and the PPP will, by nature, always have opposite resolution nodes. Additionally, they will have inverse aspects. This has sent me on a mental discourse, and the more charts I read, namely by employing the PMCI, in which I spell out for myself house, sign and aspect of all planets, as well as the PPP, I began to realize that Pluto and PPP will alway have opposite resolution nodes. I ponder on this fact repetitively, and would just love to pick JWG's brain on the topic. Being that may only be possible on another dimension, I find myself dreaming about charts, specifically this phenomena.
I would very much value a dialogue about the implications of the inverse nature of Pluto and its PPP. What I surmise is that being Pluto is where the Soul has left off the last lifetime, and therefore, picks up from in the current lifetime, and the PPP is the Soul's intention in the current lifetime, then because of evolution during the lifetime, the Soul's resolution requirements in the current life, therefore must evolve too.
For instance, carrying over from example above, Pluto (13 Virgo, 10th) resolution node is the NN (13 Gem, 7th). Yes the Soul will vacillate back and forth between NN and SN throughout the lifetime in this particular case, as this is a skipped step, with the intention of integrating both nodes. And the Soul must recover this  7th house, Gemini NN, in order to resolve this skipped step. Yet, simultaneously, the Soul, is evolving into the NN in the current lifetime, as the NN is the primary orientation of the Soul, that will be used by the PPP so that both become developed. For, as JWG taught, "the cause of the NN is the PPP."
In said example, The PPP (13 Pisces, 4th) has it's resolution node, the SN (13 Sag, 1st). Let's ponder the implications and meanings of this. This implies of recovering something from the past that was not fully integrated in the last lifetime(s). And by recovering those archetypal implications (SN 13 Sag, 1st), the Soul has the potential to evolve fully into NN through the PPP recovery of the SN.
And in said above example, Saturn (17 Pisces, 4th) is new phase conjunct PPP, with both having resolution node SN (13 Sag, 1st), can we surmise that the Soul's intention in the current life (PPP) involves a "new phase archetype" incorporating Saturn (and it's skipped step, and resolution) concurrent to the evolution of the Soul? Meaning, the PPP and Saturn must resolve SN in order for Soul to evolve into NN.
Any comments, clarification, and fine-tuning dialogue about this topic would be much appreciative.
Thank you RAD, I appreciate your Being!

Offline Rad

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2021, 11:28 AM »
Hi Chocolate Astrologer,

It is a matter of understanding the sequence of these symbols in order to know how to recover the skipped steps and thus the resolution of the nodes squaring natal Pluto and it’s polarity point. The bottom line starts with the natal Pluto squaring the Nodes with the N.Node in the example you have presented.

This N.Node relative to the natal Pluto is that which must be consistently developed and actualized in order for the Soul to move forewords relative to the skipped steps symbolized by the PPP and it’s square to these same Nodes. In essence the PPP has been used by the Soul, prior to the current life,  to NOT DEVELOP OR RESOLVE the skipped steps symbolized by it’s natal position and square to the Nodes. In other words using the PPP to continue to skip steps relative to it evolutionary requirements to resolve the skipped steps in the first place as symbolized by that natal Pluto squaring the nodes.

Thus, as the Soul resolves the skipped steps as symbolized by it’s natal position squaring the Nodes by consistently developing the N.Node in Gemini in the 7th this will then allow for the resolution of the PPP and it’s squares to the same Nodes.

God Bless, Rad