School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Composite Charts

Started by Upasika, Feb 19, 2015, 02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upasika

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it's valid to use the planetary nodes with composite charts? Obviously we do use the north and south nodes of the Moon, but what about all the other planets?

Has anyone done this?

thanks Upasika

Linda

Hi Upasika,

I found this in the EA Glossary in terms of Synastry charts which should help a little:

Sun conjunct another's Planetary South Node in synastry

The Sun in synastry will never correlate to prior life connections to anyone because the Sun, in EA, is about how the entire EA paradigm in the birth chart is integrated, actualized, and given a sense of purpose. In other words the Sun is specific to the current life. When it is conjunct another's South Node of Venus this would then mean that the Sun person would be triggering all the South Node of Venus dynamics in the other person's chart. So from an EA point of view the question then would become: why? At the same time the person who has that South Node of Venus, and all the past dynamics therein, would have their own impact on the person whose Sun is conjuncting that South Node of Venus. Again, why? Conversely, the Moon conjunct another's South Node of Venus can certainly correlate to the possibility of prior life connections in which there has been some relative high degree of proximity to one another. Yet we must be careful in working with the Planetary Nodes in this way. And that means we need to make sure that there are other symbols in the entire synastry contact charts that also indicate prior life connections to another. (Rad)

However, in terms of the Composite chart, we will have to see what Rad says about it.

Thanks,

Linda

Skywalker

Hi Upasika and Linda,

I have also pondered this question and to me it makes sense that the planetary nodes should apply just like the nodes of the Moon do in composites. I´m not sure thou, I think only Rad would really have any experience observing and validating this. If they do apply then it´s just a matter of having software that calculates the south nodes of the planets and their midpoints in composite charts. One can also calculate the midpoints easily without software.

Curious to hear what Rad says.

All the best
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Rad

Hi Upasika,

Yes, the composite midpoints of the planetary nodes can be used in such charts. In so doing it is essential of course to understand each individual's planetary nodes first, then, in relationship dynamics, to put each others planetary nodes in the others chart via synastry, THEN the composite chart.

God Bless, Rad

Upasika

Hi Linda and Skywalker,

Thanks for your comments (Skywalker, I use Solar Fire and it can do all the nodes for a composite).

The excerpt was good too Linda, plus it also tuned me into the composite section in the Glossary and I got seriously re-absorbed in parts of the John Lennon/Yoko Ono thread on their synastry/composite (wow, that was an amazing thread).

And thanks Rad for that answer - it was as we all suspected! - and to have the correct sequence for the delineation.

blessings Upasika