School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

SATURN

Started by Rad, May 19, 2014, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skywalker

Aries MC

"The obstacle is the path" Zen proverb

With Aries on the MC the Soul will orient itself towards all matters regarding its public image in a highly independent and personal way. Aries on the MC will correlate with a Soul, no matter which evolutionary level, which desires to do its own thing relative to work, carreer and professional goals, as the Soul can feel it has a special destiny to fulfill in society, within the limitations of its own evolutionary level. The individual can desire to challenge the society of birth, as it may feel limited or oppressed due to the structural reality of the country the individual lives in. Aries on the MC will correlate to a Soul who is oriented to the outer world of status and work in a very pioneering and trail blazing way. It can correlate to a person that follows no one and who desires to challenge the system itself as he or she feels it is essentially a limiting factor regarding the need for independent action. The Soul will orient itself towards society in a way that may be provocative, as the core desire within this signature is to find a new avenue of social expression. With Aries on the MC the Soul will desire to be a leader, a pioneer, a self made man or woman, a hero of some kind or a fighter of some sort. The Individual would ideally have total freedom to initiate any career path and then leave it to others to complete while he or she turns to other pursuits or challenges. With Aries on the MC there can be a sense of special destiny that the individual expects to accomplish in the current life relative to the society of birth. This means the Soul will need to have a certain degree of freedom in order to be able to initiate new career directions if necessary. If the freedom is not available due to responsibilities the individual will in turn respond with frustration and anger as the society is perceived to be a limiting and dull factor. The MC in the natural Zodiac is square the Ascendent, which naturally correlates with Aries. These two archetypes thus have a natural difficulty in expression when they are combined in this way or in other ways such as with Mars in the tenth house, Mars conjunct Saturn or with Saturn in Aries or in the first house.

The natural square from Aries, the AC to the MC or Capricorn, correlates with the dynamic tension between our own desires and the social structure in which any individual finds him or herself in. Whether in a tribe, a family or society or even totally isolated in nature, there will always be natural boundaries and limitations that we all must respect or else there will be consequences of some kind. The natural square between Aries and Capricorn also remind us that in order to initiate any independent action, Aries, we must also take full responsibility for that which we do, which means we can learn to act maturely and constructively instead of simply acting out of an impulse, and also have a sense of direction, a goal to accomplish or a destination to arrive at, Capricorn. Ideally this goal is more than simply a self serving desire but the motivating factors cannot be known simply by knowing the sign on the MC.

With Aries on the MC the Soul will orient itself towards the society of birth in a way that can be threatening as the Soul itself can feel oppressed by the very structure of the society. For example the Individual may not feel the need to follow certain rules and simply break them as desired, these rules may be extremely important and valid to most but the Aries MC may feel they are beneath him or her. The individual may feel that certain rules are for other less intelligent people and that the social structure simply limits the special social destiny the Soul feels is here to accomplish. This special destiny will vary in size and scope depending on the evolutionary level of the Soul and of course the various other dynamics that can lead up to the Soul desiring to have a special role in the world. Generally with Aries on the MC there can be a difficulty in staying with the project until completion. The specialness the Soul can feel relative to its outer, social self image, can lead to being arrogant in the pursuit of its goals. The individual can be competitive with others and turn everything into a competition, he or she may have a kind of no mercy attitude towards whatever obstacle is in the way of their set goals. The individual will generally want to earn its way to the top thru proving its worth and challenging others but also him or her self.

The outer conditioning of society and the consensual world will be of an Aries type nature in the sense that it is highly patriarchal, competitive, domineering and masculine. The world will reflect these qualities back towards the Soul who has an Aries MC as the social conditioning will primarily reflect the competitiveness intrinsic in the Aries archetype. The Soul will feel that the world operates in this high paced, masculine and assertive way and will either desire to compete with others for the climb to the top or to break free and initiate news way of doing things. Either way the theme of fighting in the world is prevalent and the individual can feel that unless one is in top shape and on top of one´s game that he or she can become outdated and overtaken by someone smarter, faster, better. The Aries energy on the MC can also correlate to a trailblazer that has the "vini vidi vici" attitude as he or she is only in it for the challenge. Once the challenge has been accepted and the individual lives up to it then it´s time for a new challenge or goal, one that can give a sense of excitement to the individual´s special sense of social destiny or special something to accomplish in the world. The desire for ongoing independent discoveries of new avenues of outer, social or professional expression will be a key motivating factor for anyone with an Aries MC. These Souls can bring something new to the world, to their world, as they instinctively feel the urge to be themselves in some social arena.

Thank you Rad and group

All the best
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Skywalker

Rad,

I have a question about where Aries is located in the chart relative to Scorpio. Is there a specific EA theme or dynamic just like it is in the case between Pluto and Mars?

Thank you

All the best

Hi Skywalker,

Aries, Mars, and the Asc all correlate to new dynamics that the Soul intends to manifest or actualize in any given life: a new evolutionary cycle of development. This occurs of course by direction of the Soul that then manifests these new evolutionary dynamics on an instinctual basis: impulses TO DO. So wherever these archetypes are in the birth chart correlate to those new evolutionary dynamics and development.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Kristin and Skywalker..........

I will wait until Cat posts before I comment on what you both, and Linda, have submitted.

God Bless, Rad

cat777

Hi Rad and Group,

I realized I wasn't even writing the correct assignment. I was writing Saturn in Aries in the 10th House for some reason. I had some time and inspiration tonight so was able to fix that and write a more complete piece. I deleted the previous version. Here is the re-write:

ARIES ON THE 10TH HOUSE CUSP

The 10th house correlates to an individual's inner image of his or her role in life as well as with the sociological role he or she chooses to play. This sociological role is known as one's career in modern western civilization. Today, both men and women in Western society are likely to have one or more careers over the course of their lives. In relation to modern western society, one's career is understood to be his or her occupation, profession, vocation, or line of work. Not everyone has what we have come to understand as a "career."  In the not so distant past, women in western society were expected to stay home and take care of the house and family while the men were expected to pursue some type of work that enabled him to support the family. This work was just that, it was work but not necessarily what we now think of as a profession of career. With these thoughts in mind, it is best to think of the 10th House as correlating to one's sociological role rather than as one's "career," as not everyone chooses to pursue a career, but everyone has a role to play in life.

In terms of the modern day "career", this means having to "pay one's dues" before being promoted into a position of leadership or attaining a position of status and prestige. In relation to the past or more "primitive cultures", it may have meant having to patiently wait for an elder person to pass on before being allowed to play the same role. In any case, no matter what sign is on the 10th House, the individual is determined to succeed and establish their individuality and authority in society through the sociological role they see themselves in.

The 10th House represents where we want to assert our authority as well as how we go about asserting our authority. In order to advance and attain a position of authority all individuals must first learn to accept responsibility for their own actions. An individual with Aries on the MC will go about this in an instinctual and impulsive manner. The individual requires a great deal of freedom and independence in order to experience whatever is necessary for him or her to learn these lessons. For the most part, these learning experiences will come about via the individual's relationships with other people. Through these relationships, the Aries on the MC individual will experience limitations which serve to force him or her to reflect and realize that such limitations are self-created rather than something to be blamed on other people. The ease in which these lessons will be learned is dependent upon the evolutionary stage of the soul.  Until the individual begins to accept responsibility for his or her own actions, he or she will be blocked from advancing in his or her career or fulfilling the sociological role he or she desires to play in society.

In addition to learning to accept responsibility for one's own actions, the 10th House demands that an individual reflect  upon his or her personal judgments and the standards of conduct that these are based upon. The individual must learn to recognize that these judgments are mental and emotional attitudes and responses based upon conditioning patterns and nothing more than that.  The individual with Aries on the MC will learn these lessons through his or her relationships with other people for the most part. It is through these relationships that the individual will eventually come to realize how his or her judgment patterns impact both himself and others and may have a negative or limiting effect on his or her growth. Until these lessons are learned, the individual with Aries on the MC will be prevented from advancing in his or her career as quickly as he or she would like to.

In order to fulfill his or her potential as a leader, it is important that the individual with Aries on the MC learn to listen to others and give according to the needs of the other person. Again, these lessons will be learned through the individual's relationships with other people and will involve lessons in equality in which the individual will have to learn to listen and relate to other people who are both his superiors and subordinates. Although the individual with Aries on the MC wants to be in-charge and resents authority figures, he or she must learn to respect those in authority or he or she is likely to be blocked or otherwise prevented from achieving his or her goals as a consequence of failing to do so. This is where learning to listen and give according to another's needs is so very important. The individual needs to learn to work in partnership with others rather than merely working towards satisfying his or her own self-interests.

The 10th House is where all souls are sensitive to public opinion and have either a conscious or unconscious fear of failure. Although an individual with Aries on the MC pursues his or her career goals in an aggressive and outwardly confident manner, he or she has an innate fear of failure which motivates him or her to work harder and harder. The individual with Aries on the MC wants to be important and wants others to perceive him or her as someone who is very important as he or she was born feeling special in some way. This sense of specialness and importance is usually, but not always, accompanied by a desire for social status and material advantage as well. In any case, the individual with Aries in the 10th House desires to be the best and succeed in everything he or she attempts to do. The individual is therefore very competitive, yet has innate fear or failure and may have an inferiority complex as well.

Although the individual with Aries on the MC may not "get ahead" and advance into a position of leadership and authority as quickly as he or she likes, or thinks they deserve, there is probably no one more determined than he or she to do so. The Aries on the MC individual has a great deal of determination and is willing to work hard in order to fulfill his or her career goals. Once the individual learns the necessary lessons needed in order for him or her to rise to the top, he or she has the potential to become a leader of others no matter what role he or she chooses to play.

cat

Rad

Hi Linda, Skywalker, Kristin, and Cat ....

All of you have done wonderful EA work here. When one reads all of what you each wrote, as a whole, a tremendous picture of the whole of Aries on the MC is then illustrated in a way that captures the archetypes in total.

Thank you all for taking the time to do this.

I am thinking now, so let me know what you think about this, is now place Mars through the houses as this would then relate to the Aries MC by way of the sociological role, work, profession, or career. What I would like in this is simply and succinctly to correlate the archetypes of each house as manifesting through the Aries MC. Simple example: Mars in the 3rd could correlate to writing in some way as the work, etc, of choice.

So let me know you thoughts on this.

God Bless, Rad

Skywalker

Hi Rad and Group,

Fine by me. Maybe we could do 3 houses each since we are 4 people so it´s not too repetitive. I can do houses 1-3 if you decide to go that way.

Rad,

The question i had asked was about where Aries is located RELATIVE to where Scorpio is located and if there is a similar dynamic as there is with Pluto = the Soul´s desires and intentions and Mars = the lower octave of Pluto and is the acting out of those intentions.

Thank you

All the best

Kristin

Hi Rad & Group

Sounds like an ideal next step...I am open to either..splitting them up or doing all 12..

Peace,
Kristin

cat777

Hi,

Sounds like a great idea to me. I think we should each do all twelve houses as, unless I am not interpreting this correctly, we are only talking a small paragraph related to each?  I get the point about it being repetitive, but in this case, everyone's answers can later be combined into one (for the purpose of the book) and it won't seem so redundant. This way we are sure to capture the most possibilities.

I I am wrong and are talking about something more extensive in terms of Mars in each house, then maybe it would be better to divide it up. An example of what is expected might help us decide what is best.

cat

Linda

Hi Rad,

I agree with Cat, that if the exercise is kept simple and succinct, then I vote for doing Mars in each of the 12 houses.

If more detail is required, then I could do Houses 4, 5 and 6.

I also hope that we can add interest and creativity to our assignments in whatever way we choose, in order to move away from a cookbook approach, and make them not only deep in terms of EA, but also interesting to the reader.

Thanks,

Linda

Rad

Quote from: Skywalker on Oct 01, 2014, 10:12 AM
Hi Rad and Group,

Fine by me. Maybe we could do 3 houses each since we are 4 people so it´s not too repetitive. I can do houses 1-3 if you decide to go that way.

Rad,

The question i had asked was about where Aries is located RELATIVE to where Scorpio is located and if there is a similar dynamic as there is with Pluto = the Soul´s desires and intentions and Mars = the lower octave of Pluto and is the acting out of those intentions.

Thank you

All the best

Hi Skywalker,

Maybe you can ask this question in another way because I don't seem to be getting what you are asking about.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Skywalker, Cat, Linda, and Kristin...

I would like all of you to do all the houses in this particular segment. What needs to be done is to identify the inherent archetypes in each of the houses, and then generate the types of work, etc, that would correlate with those archetypes. Thus, the EA reasoning is supplied that would hopefully then eliminate any 'cookbook' approach. What kind of creativity do you have in mind Linda ?

So let me know if you are all on board with this.

God Bless, Rad

Kristin

Hi Rad & Group,

Yes I am on board!  :)

Peace,
Kristin

Linda

Hi Rad,

I thought we could use one or two charts of famous people to use as examples in this segment.

Thanks,

Linda

Skywalker

Hi Rad,

Sure, i'm on board and never mind the question.

Thank you

All the best

Rad

Hi Cat, Linda, Skywalker, and Kristin.........

Ok, then let's proceed with our next step, and if you wish to include example charts please feel free to do so. Let's make this next step due on October 17th: two weeks from now.

If you have any questions please ask them of me now.

God Bless, Rad