School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Pluto Virgo 5th question

Started by Elen, Oct 09, 2010, 06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elen

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at a chart that has Pluto in Virgo in the 5th and wondering how to interpret it.  SN is in Sag in 9th.  Jupiter is in 1st in Taurus. NN Gemini 3rd.  Mercury Libra 6th conjunct New Phase Sun/Moon conjunction.  Mars is in a balsamic semi-sextile to Pluto, so that to me says many lives have been spent working through this dynamic. 

My 1st thought was that this was someone who, at the very core, felt very certain about who she is, but that with Virgo present, there is an overlay of insecurity that is designed to bring about the necessary transition from a me-centered perspective to a perspective that fully recognizes the "other".  This also seemed to make sense to me given the progression of signs from Leo to Virgo to Libra. But then I was wondering if my first thought about this is wrong and that in fact, because Virgo is there, it is showing up a fundamental insecurity at the very core... Only knowing this person for a short time, I would say the 1st version is more accurate.  She talks about feeling insecure, but you would never guess it from her actions... To me she seems to have a very solid core that she draws on without even realizing it, and people really respond to this....

This whole question - and my initial interpretation - rests on the assumption (and I think I am correct in this) that the house gets interpreted 1st, then the sign.....?

I appreciate any feedback.  Thanks.

Ellen

Elen

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could confirm whether my 1st thought about the above was on the right track or my 2nd thought... (see post above).  No need for an analysis of the chart.  Just looking for a push off in one direction or another.  Thanks a million.  And please let me know if this post is in any way inappropriate.

Peace,
Ellen

Rad

Hi Ellen,

Yes, the house comes first, then the sign. It's appropriate that you ask such questions, and for validation or perspective on the analysis, thus far, of the person that you are asking about. Embracing the 'other' is very much part of her ongoing evolutionary intentions.

God Bless, Rad

Elen

Quote from: Rad on Oct 10, 2010, 11:14 AM
Hi Ellen,

Yes, the house comes first, then the sign. It's appropriate that you ask such questions, and for validation or perspective on the analysis, thus far, of the person that you are asking about. Embracing the 'other' is very much part of her ongoing evolutionary intentions.

God Bless, Rad

Hi Rad,

Thank you so much.  Just to confirm my first thoughts are correct... since the house comes 1st, there would be a foundation of a very strong inner sense/confidence/core.  With the SN in 9th/Sag, this foundation could be said to be based on core beliefs - a solid sense of knowing what she knows but perhaps not being able to rationally explain it.  Then, there is Virgo.  Critical self-analysis.  The old me-focused ways are not enough.  The need now to bring oneself into service of some kind to others.  How do I do this?  The realization that one has focused entirely on oneself and the realization that this is not enough.  Thus insecurity.  Now we have the NN in Gemini with Mercury 6th Libra ruling.   the need to be of service brings her into contact with others and these others hold different beliefs.  She will be forced to learn to articulate her own beliefs in a way that others can understand.  She will also need to learn to be receptive to other people and their beliefs.  She has to learn to move beyond herself.  This is really the work for her.  With Mars in a balsamic semi-sextile to Pluto, this has been going on for many lives.  Because she is well into the waning part of this process/cycle, her work now is less about figuring out that she has to embrace the other and more about doing the actual work of that and figuring out the balance.  The confrontaions, in other words, that shock her into the realization that her focus has been exclusively on herself have already happened.  Her work now is more about synthesizing all that she has learned in preparation for the next cycle that will begin once this cycle is complete.

I realize this is very brief, but I just want to be sure my thinking is accurate.

Thank you.

Ellen

PS I am not sure about her stage.  Well into individuated, but maybe further, too.  Hard for me to say at this time.

Elen

Quote from: Ellen on Oct 09, 2010, 06:24 AM

This whole question - and my initial interpretation - rests on the assumption (and I think I am correct in this) that the house gets interpreted 1st, then the sign.....?

Ellen

For anyone who happens to come along and read this thread, I thought this post by Rad from the Practice Charts thread might be helpful with regard to my question above..

Re: PRACTICE CHARTS
« Reply #55 on: Apr 24, 2009, 09:22 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Stacie on Apr 23, 2009, 07:08 PM
So Rad, in terms of approaching this generically, are we at least acknowledging that mercury is the planetary function that is developing the SN?...or are we keeping it even more generic than that?  Hey this is 10th house fun we're having..defining boundaries!

Hi Stacie,

We must always remember when understanding and analyzing birth charts from an EA point of view that the Natural Zodiac is always the baseline upon which to build our total understanding of the symbols within the birth chart. Thus, with the generic S.Node in the 3rd house that means that the Natural Zodiac directly correlates to Gemini and Mercury. Thus, the S.Node can be in whatever sign in the 3rd house but the underlying archetype within that is indeed Mercury and Gemini. No different than, in our example, with the planetary ruler of that generic S.Node being in the 10th house. The underlying archetype, relative to the Natural Zodiac, is of course Capricorn and Saturn. So whatever the actual planet is in that 10th House will itself be defined, conditioned by, Saturn and the nature of the 10th House.

Rad

[/b]

Dhyana

Quote from: Ellen on Oct 10, 2010, 07:29 PM
Quote from: Ellen on Oct 09, 2010, 06:24 AM

Ellen

For anyone who happens to come along and read this thread, I thought this post by Rad from the Practice Charts thread might be helpful with regard to my question above..

Re: PRACTICE CHARTS
« Reply #55 on: Apr 24, 2009, 09:22 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Stacie on Apr 23, 2009, 07:08 PM
So Rad, in terms of approaching this generically, are we at least acknowledging that mercury is the planetary function that is developing the SN?...or are we keeping it even more generic than that?  Hey this is 10th house fun we're having..defining boundaries!

Hi Stacie,

We must always remember when understanding and analyzing birth charts from an EA point of view that the Natural Zodiac is always the baseline upon which to build our total understanding of the symbols within the birth chart. Thus, with the generic S.Node in the 3rd house that means that the Natural Zodiac directly correlates to Gemini and Mercury. Thus, the S.Node can be in whatever sign in the 3rd house but the underlying archetype within that is indeed Mercury and Gemini. No different than, in our example, with the planetary ruler of that generic S.Node being in the 10th house. The underlying archetype, relative to the Natural Zodiac, is of course Capricorn and Saturn. So whatever the actual planet is in that 10th House will itself be defined, conditioned by, Saturn and the nature of the 10th House.

Rad

[/b]

Ellen,
Yes, a really good idea to post that.

It definitely was something I needed to read.

I can see why you posted it.

Thanks,
Dhyana

Rad

Hi Ellen,

Yes, what you are presenting here, by way of your analysis of those symbols, and just those symbols, is very accurate.

God Bless, Rad

Elen

Thank you, Rad.  It helps a ton to get that feedback.

Peace,
Ellen