School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

About planets aspecting NN/SN rulers + Placidus/Porphyry system

Started by Julia8, Jun 14, 2019, 02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia8

Hello everyone,

My question is certainly a typical beginners question, so I apologize in advance if this question has already been much discussed here on this forum.

I got in touch with Jeff Green's EA methodology only about 1/2 month ago, but I was so fascinated with his approach from the very first moment, that I immediately did my best to get the book "Pluto: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul, Volume 1". I also have been watching some videos from the youtube channel EA Zoom Meetings. The content is really very, very good, both this forum and the videos.

However, I have some doubts when analyzing what my nodes can tell me about my own evolutionary journey.

I realized that although I have some aspects to my NN, I do not have any aspect to my SN, for example, only aspects to the ruler.

About my NN Virgo, there is a conjunction to an asteroid by tight orbs, 1.04 and another one to a planet, although it is very wide (8.01 orb). However, the Virgo ruler, Mercury, forms more aspects. Squares Pluto, in tight orbs (1.53 orb), quincunx, sextile and conjuncts some planets in large orbs (7.06 orb).

SN Pisces has no aspects, there is only Saturn in the same house (in another sign, without making aconjunction). However the ruler of SN, Neptune, that is in Capricorn, is squaring into tight orbs an asteroid (2.01 orb) and other two planets by more distant orbs (6.23 orb) (8.15 orb). Neptune is also conjunct in very wide orbs Uranus (7.08 orb).

Then I ask, would all of these Neptune squares mean aspects of my evolution that I have not focused on in the past, skipping steps, the traditional description of planets squaring Lunar Nodes? Or, since all the squares specifically relate to my South Node, the aspects not completed in just the ones related to the archetype of this Neptune?

I thought about asking this question because I have been seeing a lot being commented on the squares and oppositions to the Nodes, but not when the squares have relation to just one of the nodes specifically. That confuses me a little bit...

...And another question, again about the Lunar Nodes. With the Placidus system, my North Node is located in house 12, and consequently the South Node in house 6. However, using the Porphyry system of houses (from what I've noticed, this system is used in EA), my North Node is located in house 11. Since in the Porphyry method the NN is inside house 11 by a difference of 1 orb (house 12 starts at 20.56 and the NN is at 19.42), is it possible that my evolutionary path relates to both the archetype of house 11 and 12?

Hope you all have a good day.

Júlia.

(PS.: I've edited this post on October, 2020 to delete some details, as for exemple the name of planets that were making aspects to my nodes. When I have wrote this post, it was my first post here. Thus, for being a newbie, i was not aware that sharing my whole chart were unnecessary and against the forum rules. I've changed the names to more vague terms such as "a planet".)

"Don't waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come." - Mario Quintana

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rad

Hi Júlia,

First, welcome to our mb. Second, we have a policy on our mb that is stated on the main page where it says 'if this is your first visit'. Clicking on reveals:

3) Policy on personal chart interpretation and analysis:
The message board is here to teach the principles of EA through example.   What is posted here is meant to be of general interest to all of our readers.   Individual analysis of your chart from a personal point of view is of interest mainly to you and not to most other readers.  Thus posting personal charts and asking for analysis or feedback on your chart is not appropriate here.  Asking questions about or posting your chart as an example of EA principles that will be of interest to many readers is acceptable.  
  At times there can be a fine line between what is of personal interest and what is of general interest.  Our moderators reserve the right to remove or to request that you remove any material posted they feel is personal chart interpretation.
 We have a number of qualified Evolutionary Astrologers associated with our school and this message board.  A more appropriate place for personal chart interpretation questions is a private reading with one of them.

For now the only time 'skipped steps' exist is when a planet(s) square the Lunar Nodal Axis. The S.Node by house, sign, aspects to it,and the location of it's planetary ruler by house, sign, and aspects to it correlate to the specific prior life dynamics that the Soul has been working with, and why, that are being brought forwards into the current life  in order to evolve them: the N.Node and it's planetary ruler by house, sign and aspects. Of course this is in relation to the core EA paradigm: the Pluto paradigm.

God Bless, Rad

Julia8

What is posted here is meant to be of general interest to all of our readers.   Individual analysis of your chart from a personal point of view is of interest mainly to you and not to most other readers.  Thus posting personal charts and asking for analysis or feedback on your chart is not appropriate here.  Asking questions about or posting your chart as an example of EA principles that will be of interest to many readers is acceptable.

Thanks for remembering me of this information, Rad. I really understand how annoying it is when users simply ignore rules.

My intention was not to receive an astral chart analysis. My intention was to know if aspects to the regent of the nodes are equal to aspects to the nodes and just that (question that you have already answered).

I decided to put alll of those aspects only because I thought it would help to understand the situation better, since beginners usually make mistakes with the simplest things. But perhaps it has, in fact, been very extensive. I should have just written: "aspects to the regent of the nodes are equal to aspects to the nodes?" and "what to do when points change place in the porphyry system?" I will get right to the point in my next questions.

Thanks,

Júlia
"Don't waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come." - Mario Quintana

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

ari moshe

Hi Julia, noticed you had a couple technical questions here that were missed.

Regarding difference in house system, in porphyry as you shared the nodes are at the end of their houses. That in of itself is it's own archetype: a culminative one. I wouldn't read it as ocntinaing both the 11th/5th and 12th/6th. Beyond that we each have to find out for ourselves through our own direct expeirence over time which house system feels most right for us.

Regarding aspects to the rulers of the nodes: it is not the same as aspects to the nodes. But of course it is connected. For example. If someone has their Moon squaring the nodes this to a skipped step relating to all things Moon (a need to reintegrate emotional dyanmics/nurturing/ego development in a way indiated by the archetypes involved). On the other hand if the Moon is the ruler of one of the nodes and planets are aspecting the Moon then for sure this tells us about the Moon/nodal dynamic, provides us information/context for the self construct and some of the karmic story behind it, but it's simply not the same as a skipped step which has it's own specific meaning. If the Moon is squaring the nodes, then any aspects to the Moon will provide foruther context for undrestanding the nature of the Moon function and thus by association further context for understand what this skipped step is about.

Also want to clarify, any planet that aspects one node will always aspect the other node with the exception of the qunitle and septile aspects. Sometimes the programs that list the aspects don't cover everything (not all progrmas will list aspects to the south node for example which might be the case in your example). So I always encourage actually looking at them and tracking them yourself, without any list.

Julia8

Ari Moshe,

I think it clarified a bit my doubts about the difference between planets squaring lunar nodes x planets squaring regents of the lunar nodes. Thanks!

I also want to say that I found it very important what you have mentioned about looking at the aspects ourselves because some websites do not include all of them. It was my case. I followed your tip and I just realized that the free website I used did not include some aspects, like, for example, some important trines to one of my nodes and a planet in a tight semisquare to one node and sesquiquadrate to another.

About my 12th/6th, 11th/5th dilemma, I think I still do not quite understand which one fits me. I've always identified myself more with the definition of the lunar nodes at 12th/6th, but I think I still need to study more to affirm anything.

So, again. Ari, Rad, thanks for now.  :)

Rad

Hi Julia,

One thing to remember is that the 11th House, Aquarius, and Uranus correlate with things like astrology.

God Bless, Rad

Julia8

Hello group,

A few minutes ago I discovered something that... brough some changes about the issue regarding the location of my confusing NN. Since it is located very near the cusp of the 12th house, it always caused me some doubts, as I wrote in this topic here one ago.

Before knowing EA, I thought for 5 years I was a 12th NN. After 2019, I knew EA and I got sure I was a 11th NN. And now, well, it seems I am again a 12th NN.

My mom found some old registers and we end up discovering that I was actually born 5 minutes before we thought I was. The 12th house cusp is starting at 18'48 and the Node is falling at 19'42.

The discovery surprised me because in this one year now I have discovered that the 11th description was fitting perfectly to me. Still today I was feeling my Neptunian worries quite absurdly and after meditating on what my NN 11th asks for, I got some relief. It have been always "putting me back to the track". And now, now I'm somewhat lost...

But on the bright side... it have helped me to have a great understanding of a great number of friends of mine, while I was thinking I was a 11th NN. I know 4 people (!) that have the Leo-Aquarius axis (including me and my parents in the composite chart), and I have always struggled to understand what was their/our path about. Seeing that we were in the same path made me change my perception, though. I have been really trying to get inspired by them, rather to teach them my way. I guess it was a great lesson brough by my gemini PPP. I would most certainly never focus so much on that if it was not in my chart, sadly. I know myself.

Another bright side was that I have recently started the nutrition course on college, and the issue of becoming somewhat neurotic to diets has been my greatest struggle of the last few months. I have been getting more rigid that I would like. Even my acquaintances have been saying it to me, to hang on, to don't be that serious... and it was bringing me some confusion because... well, I was just theorically in my path. I thought I should keep going, and the disconfort was part of the process. But now I'm seeing that this disconfort fits so perfectly to the struggle of a Pisces SN in the 6th house apparently go through. Focusing on daily life, on routines, but without being that strict... so in a way, my discovery of today was an answer of my players asking "what i'm doing wrong?".

It's a little confusing indeed, this placement, since it's like giving a new appearance to a territory already explored. But super interesting at the same time. Let's see where it goes...

As always, any insight would be welcome!

Rad

Hi Julia,

First, I would gently remind you we do not do personal charts on this mb. Second, in any birth chart in which the the Nodes, or any planet for that matter, are within a degree or so of the preceding cusp as your adjusted birth time creates this correlates to the evolutionary progression from the archetypes of that preceding house, in your case the 11th and 5th, to the new archetypes of the new houses that the Nodes or planet falls in: from the 11th/5th to the 12th/6th. So of course all those archetypes of the preceding houses will feel like 'home', familiar, because of the past life development of them that has lead to the current evolutionary progression of this life's birth chart.

God Bless, Rad

Julia8

I didn't know that. I thought that it was the opposite, moving in from the 12th to the 11th, since I thought the movement of the nodes was retrograde.

About going against rulers, I just came with my story. I have even wrote there above, editing my first post, and removing the name of the planets to make it less "personal reading" as possible. But that's ok.

Rad

Hi Julia,

You are right about the Nodes, retro. Sorry for my blunder on that one.

The underlying issue is how birth times are observed/ recorded. As in your own case it is not uncommon for the birth time to be recorded relative to an observation of it as actually wrong. One of the  most incredible cases of this was a person who told me that not only was the time recorded wrong, but the actual date of her child's birth was a day off: this happened in a hospital.

In your case you have different times of birth off by five minutes or so relative to the recorded time and the observation of it.

The main thing when these sorts of things happen is to validate your own life experience relative to the placement of the Lunar Nodes in your life experience.  As you say the 11th House/5th House fit you to a tee.

God Bless, Rad