School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Transit question

Started by Rick, Jan 06, 2010, 01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Just want to make sure I am looking at transits correctly.  When looking at a transit of Saturn for example, do you look at the natal interpretation of the planet in terms of the karmic dynamic and then put that translation into its current house and sign and aspects? 
thanks
Rick

Rad

Rick,
  To understand the Saturn transit, or any other planetary transit, is to understand what the issues and dynamics are for the natal planet in question. Within that to understand the planets, i.e. Saturn, relationship to the rest of the birth chart from an evolutionary point of view. Why is Saturn, or any planet, in this or that house, this or that sign, this or that aspects, etc. In this understanding make sure to include the natal planetary nodes of the planet you are considering. Once the totality of this understanding from a natal point of view is understood then the current position of the transit of that planet correlates to how all those issues and dynamics are being worked through by the house and sign that the planet in question is moving through.

Rad

Rick

Thanks Rad,
That makes sense.  Is there also a phasal relationship in transits?  So if you have transitting Saturn on your natal Moon, will it be either new or balsamic like in a natal interpretation?  If so, is it calculated the same way ie from Saturn counter clockwise, even if it is a transitting planet?

Also, In the EA materials I have so far there is really not any mention of planetary nodes other than the nodes of the Moon.  Is this a newer concept?  Are there any materials out there you could recommend?  I have no idea what these signify other than the nodes of he Moon. 

Thx again

Steve

Quote from: Rick on Jan 06, 2010, 05:30 PM
Also, In the EA materials I have so far there is really not any mention of planetary nodes other than the nodes of the Moon.  Is this a newer concept?  Are there any materials out there you could recommend?  I have no idea what these signify other than the nodes of he Moon. 

Hi Rick -
There is a short section on Planetary Nodes in the beginning of Segment 2 of the video course, and also in its transcript.
For sale on the EA School website  ( http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/school/ea-transcripts-for-purchase )  are:
#1 under DVD's for The Planetary Nodes and
#21 under printed material for a written article on Planetary Nodes.

Also in Jeffrey Wolf Green's book Measuring the Night vol 1, usually available on Amazon, is a chapter on the planetary nodes.
Steve

Rad

HI Rick,

"That makes sense.  Is there also a phasal relationship in transits?  So if you have transitting Saturn on your natal Moon, will it be either new or balsamic like in a natal interpretation?  If so, is it calculated the same way ie from Saturn counter clockwise, even if it is a transitting planet?"

Yes there are phasal relationships via transiting planets to natal ones. The natal one, whatever planet it is, is used as the baseline to determine the phase relative to transiting planets. For example, if the Moon is at 5 Gemini, and transiting Saturn is at 2 Gemini, then this would be a balsamic phase. If the transiting Saturn were at 8 then it would be a New phase.

Rad